Sunday 24 February 2013

Nature calls

So today I planned to go for a nice long run as I had lots of free time to spare.....

Then I wake up to discover no heating :s the boiler has broken :( no heating on a day that it is 0 degrees C outside :( = one freezing house....

So my day started off by hanging around waiting for the boiler man to come and try and fix it when all I really wanted to be doing was going for a run. By the time he got here and had a look at the boiler I was freezing and resorted to changing into my running gear and warming up while he was still he checking out the boiler. Turns out we need a new fan for the boiler and that it wont be fixed until tomorrow now so its a cold one on the cards tonight :S

Once the boiler man had gone I was straight out there for my run. I started off running really well I and felt like I was doing amazing :) when I hit my first mile through my headphones comes a little voice saying "1.0 miles in 11:17 minutes" I thought it was kidding me and my usual is about 12 minutes but no I was actually running faster :)



I was really looking forward to doing a nice long run and seeing what my time was at the end but half way round I hit 'a wall' Nature called.... I really needed a wee!!!! I couldnt carry on to my full potential with a full bladder even though I went to the loo before I left.........

I was sooo disappointed as who knows how I would have done if I hadnt needed a wee. I may have done my longest run again which I have only managed to do once for one reason or another or I may have done my shorter one at a better pace :( You can see where half way round I really started to drop my time :(

So anyway I muscled round and did (all be it a shorter one than I intended) a full circuit of one of my routes that totalled over 3 miles effectively staying over my 5k target :) so I was happy in that case. I have been trying to find a local 5k race but all the ones coming up are over that and are 10k. hopefully I can muscle my way up to doing those soonish :)

 
 
I am really enjoying going out for my runs... its time on my own time to get any frustration out if I need to.... however I do like having other people to run with me too :).....

 
What I also really like is making new routes :) my normal route is around a circular block that is in a mainly residential area... however I am going to have to start mixing it up a bit and possibly moving away from the circular (ish) pattern and run up one road down the other as the largest run that I have done is the most I can around that route...... todays route was like this... its not the longest one. But I really enjoy it :)

So tomorrow is a rest day technically however I will be at work allllllll day (07:30-21:30) so I will be a very busy bee.... hoping to get a couple of runs in this week and at least one of those days to be my longest route.

Speak soon bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment