Monday 4 February 2013

post nights

So the night shifts are over and I am back in the land of the living :)

They have been awful in every aspect of the word. From very a very busy shift friday to a really slow one saturday to a beyond manic one last night!!! I had a patient who defied all the text books known to man last night and was just so poorly I spent practically the entire shift by his side doing different things... antibiotics.... diuretics.... cardiac stabilisers..... everything I could think of.

another thing was I broke my phone :( the creen cracked when I dropped it in an emergency call :( now I have to pay to have it repaired :(

But o well back to the serious bit.... I ate rubbish!!!!!!! I slept really well in the day so I didnt have my normal volume of shakes, I drank plenty of water overnight but not my shakes.

I also had biscuits :( and strawberry laces :( I was a snacky person all over again... I think it was because I didnt eat enough during the day as I was sleeping so well that I got the hunger pangs at night.... I tried making some quorn chicken pieces to snack on but they just werent cutting it. Even made me feel a little nauseous to be honest.

My evening meals have not been great but they have been ok. With the cambridge diet I am supposed to have a portion of protien high food with some green vegetables/salad as my main meal of the day and shakes for the rest. Well due to my cauliflower and brocolli going off in the fridge even though the sell by date well within date ( which i was not impresed about) I had to resort to other things.

Monday My brocolli was still usable :) I had quorn style chicke pieces and brocolli with a naughty bit of boiled rice. I am not supposed to have rice but this was my way of trying to ensure I had some energy for the night.

Saturday I was really craving a casserole sort of dish. I dry fried some chicken in soy sauce. Added chopped tomotoes peas and some herbs and spices. It takes amazing and id made enough for 2 days so I had it sunday as well. Now im not supposed to have any of this apart from the chicken accroding to Cambridge but as I have said already before If I stuck to cambridge I feel it would discourage me from eating properly in the future so I have changed my eating habbits to healthier food but adjust it little bits according to the Cambridge Diet.

 
My boyfriend Mark made blueberyy muffins over the weekend and I even treated myself to one of those :) it was gorgeous ( I did pick the smallest I could ) but it was a toss up between the plum or the cake :)
 
 
HOLD UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I forgot the best bit :) I have not stepped on the evil weighing machine for a good week or so so after my nights it was a pleasant suprise to see I was at 15stone 11. A loss of 2lbs :) I doubt that it from my nights as the norm is to at least stay the same but it was nice to have that boost. Back on track tomorrow with the running :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the loss! What is quorn chicken?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya. Sorry I hadnt seen this x Quorn is a tofu based meat substitute :) its a lower fat alternative

    ReplyDelete