Sunday 3 March 2013

rearrangements

So I posted the other day about starting night shifts and then within half an hour I had been called into work to do a late shift and then an early shift today. So that meant that I hadnt got out for a run when I wanted to.

Anyway so I did an Early shift this morning and got home to find an unwell little Thomas..... Mark's brother Thomas has Cerebral Palsy and is in a wheelchair needing 24hour care. He had been sick in the morning and had not eaten or drank anything for the whole day.... That was until I got home and he cracked a smile to see me :) I gave him some flat cola to help settle his tummy and changed him into his pj's to give him a very small amount of dinner which he reluctantly took from me but noone else.... (nice to feel needed I guess). I had texted my Mum to see if she had been out for a run today or not or if she wanted to keep me company. the next thing I know she is at the door; she had rang my phone and left a text to say she was leaving and she would be at mine in 10 minutes :S and I wasnt ready.

So I quickly changed and went out with her :) I was feeling as though I was struggling a little more than normal today and I put it down to not having eaten very much during the day due to being so busy at work. But 1 mile in on our normal route I heard " 1 mile in 11 minutes 28 seconds" I couldnt believe it.

 
 
So I couldnt believe that and It really kept me going :) I got home feeling amazing and really energised and so impressed with myself :)
 
 
Im now off work for a couple of days and want to get another couple of runs in as weds I will be again working 16 hours shift and then 2 night shifts unless they get changed again!!!!
 
 
 
 
So heres to getting running and REALLY enjoying it!!!!!
 
 
Until next time :D

No comments:

Post a Comment