Monday 4 March 2013

a run.....almost

Well I had the day off today and went out for a lovely lunch with my family into Bath.

I had a very swanky looking but very reasonably priced Chilli :)

It tasted amazing and really thought like I was spoiling myself for the day :) but I knew my run later would make up for it............ or so I thought

You see I went out for another run with my Mum.... she keeps me at a faster pace than normal and I really enjoy running a different route with her :) but half way round I just started to feel weird not quite myself :(

You see my household has got the bug at the moment poor little Thomas is still not himself although no sickness today but Tom (Marks Dad) has been suffering today and so has my poorly Marky.

I thought I was possibly coming down with the same thing to be honest despite me being a bit less susceptable due to working in the hospital. But when I was pushing through on my all be it shorter run I was talking to Mum and we came to the conclusion I had not drank enough I had only had 1 drink all day and that was with my meal. And also that I normal due to shifts run 1 or 2 days in a row and not everyday which I have been doing so maybe it was just my body telling me it was due a rest day from running.

All be it me feeling not myself and doing a shorter run because of it.... My time from doing that run compared to doing it a while back has shaved off a good 3-4 minutes which makes me feel 10 times better :)






Another lovely thing about today was that I stepped on the scales to see a little loss :) 15 stone 4 pounds is the lowest I have been in years :) I cant wait for that 4-5 more pounds to go and for the scales to have a 14 in front of it :) I just get giddy even thinking about it :D ...... Bring it on :)

Plan for tomorrow is to have a relaxing day and go on a dog walk with my sister Emily :) and Oscar the gorgeous pooch :) no run planned for tomorrow but I might do a little 30 minutes on the static bike just to get a little exercise in as I deffinately wont get any on wednesday as I'm working all day and then have 2 night shifts.

So after a not so successful run I am looking forward :) to those scales getting lower and my runs becoming longer / faster :)

No comments:

Post a Comment