Sunday 10 March 2013

Illness

I have to appologise

Its been one of those weeks.....

So on Wednesday I did a 15 hour shift at work and then was starting a set of nights on the Thursday. I managed one and then I woke up from my day sleep and felt very VERY queasy.... The sickness bug had hit me or so I thought.... You see What I thought was the dreaded Norovirus that has been rife recently was actually something a little more serious.

Throughout the day I couldnt manage to hold down any fluids food or medications of any sort; I was still vomitting and was fast becoming very dehydrated as I was running a high temperature.

It got to the point that I was suffering with some lower back pain that I put down to being dehydrated but again I was wrong. The pain in my lower back got progressively worse throughout the day and I began to be unable to urinate.... Being a nurse I obviously knew something was up and tried to book an appointment with my out of hours Dr. I got a phonecall back asking me plenty of questions'someone exaggerating' until I told them I was a nurse and knew what I was talking about. The doctor on the other end of the phone asked me to check my temperature 39 C far too high for my liking and also to check my pulse 110bpm. His response was to get myself to the nearest ED as I may have pylonephritis. So off I went embarressed to be going to my own place of work knowing I would see someone I knew.... Which I did.

When I got there I was rushed through and given some pain relief as I was in tears by this point and writhing in agony... It took the edge off but I was still having to be constantly moving. Then I waited while they saw some other patients only to be told that I didn indeed have a kidney infection.

I was given some antibiotics and some strong pain relief along with some anti sickness to help me hold down the tablets. And now I am on the mend again :)

Its mothers day today and I have a big thankyou to give to my Mum.... She took me to the hospital and stayed with me until 1am even though she got up for work at 6am... We have been through an awful lot at the end of last year and it shows how much of a strong loving woman she really is :) LOVE YOU MUM.

Back to the weight loss blogging :)

So as I havent been eating very much over the past couple of days due to my sickness I have lost another 5 pounds on the scales making them say a lovely 14stone 12pounds....... There is a 14 at the beginning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There hasnt been a 14 at the beginning since ooooooo at least 2009. Now I know this will go back up now that I am managing to eat again but its a 14 all the same :)

So back on track today with the eating but sorry the exercise can wait until I have finished my course of antibiotics and have got myself well again :)

Until next time when I hope to be reporting on as little a weight gain as possible :)

1 comment: