Tuesday 6 August 2013

Running :)

So work has been really busy for a few days and I finally had a whole day off :). Yesterday at work I did well over my 10000 target steps. No wonder my feet were killing me after doing nearly 18000.

But today was my free day :) I had a lie in; did some shopping and decided I would go out for a run.

Wahoooo :)

Ive been back out a couple of times on an off for the last few months really; what with going on holiday and working lots. I had simply lost track of it and if im honest..... lost my passion for it.

The times ive been out I have struggled to get 2 miles in without needing to stop and walk for a bit and have also done a shorter route. This was adding to my reducingbpassion for it all.

So whats different now??

Well I am determined to get back into it and am refusing to give up on it. Someone said to me that maybe I was bored of my route?? But where I live there is not really much of an alternative route unless I go on some very busy roads.

So my friend suggested doing it backwards. The hills you go up now go down and vis versa and that it will feel like a completely different run.

They were right :)

I went out this afternoon and did it backwards. The hills I normally went up at the beginning we at the end and it allowed me to get further without feeling like I needed to stop.

That feeling of needing to stop didnt come until right near the end. The only issue doing it backwards is I have a rather large long hill upwards back to home after already having done 3 miles. It was getting tiring and I could feel myself slowing and right down. I pushed tbrough and in yotal probably only walked all of a couple of metres :)

I was so proud of myself having done it I feel like its rekindling my love for it all again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment