Tuesday 29 October 2013

Out of the box

Today I decided to do something that as I had said on MFP; I hadnt done in years.

Thats right I broke out of my normal exercise patterns and dug my swimming costume out of the bottom drawer. I braved the local swimming pool and all by myself at that.

Currently the schools are broken up for holidays so the pool was open during the day. I braved it at lunchtime when I knew it would be quiter.

Ive always shyed away from swimming for many reasons. Two being that I hate my 'not so bikini body' and im not the best of swimmers. Im not very fast at swimming and not very good in a busy pool when there is people to contend with.

It was nice to have a lane to myself and for the pool to quiten down. At one point I was the only one in there (not for long but still). I really enjoyed by swim and racked up 70 lengths in 1:30 hour I was going to stop at 50 but I kept going and didnt want to stop :)

This is a real first for me and I think im going to try and make it a more regular thing :)

My gosh do my arms ache this evening though. What with going to the gym for the first time in a week yesterday due to my hectic schedule and then my birthday and then swimming today.  Ah well no pain no gain :) and strangely I love it :0

Back to work tomorrow so a rest day for me it is.

1 comment:

  1. I just rediscovered my love for swimming too! I'm definitely going to keep it up! Great job!

    ReplyDelete