Tuesday 17 September 2013

Weddings and Tenderness

Why hello there

Its been a few days but I've not been far away. My fitness pals haven't heard much from me but I've been casting a beady eye on them making sure they are still there :) and thank you to them for keeping me on track by commenting and keeping me with the faith even when I'm feeling poorly :)

As you all may know I am having a few issues with TOM and having to see a consultant regarding this. Well this weekend it took a step up to Painful!!!

It was my sisters wedding this weekend and all the planning of dresses photographers and flowers worked out well and it was a fantastic day. She had a fantastic day and I felt great having lost nearly 2 stone from when she first asked me to be her bridesmaid.

But when the evening reception was in full swing things took a bump with the abdo issues. I suddenly became very pale and exhausted; I then had really acute tummy pains that bought me to tears. My sister took one look at my face and saw something was up and came up and asked me. I couldn't even speak in full sentences I was in so much pain. She called my Mum over who panicked as soon as she saw me. She thought that the cyst I have had burst and wanted to take me to hospital. I insisted I was fine and said all I needed was to take some pain relief  and go home with a hot water bottle.

I went home but really had an awful time with it frightening my poor other half Mark. I didn't really have any sleep and suffered a lot the day after. It was like having cramp in a leg muscle after intense gym session but the pain the day after was just so uncomfortable. Id had a week off work and was not looking forward to going back to working 28 hours in 2 days.

I went in on the Monday for my 14 hour shift and my senior nurse asked how I was and how the wedding was. I explained about what happened and they took me off of the afternoon shift for the Tuesday (today) and put me on light duties. I got home from my long day yesterday and had obviously done a bit too much still as again I was in a lot of pain; not as much as Saturday admittedly because I made sure I kept up with pain relief. I have been referred to the occupational health so that if I need to take time off with it I wont have an appalling sick record and that it will all be related to the same issue. This settled my mind a lot and I had a much better day at work today :)

I cant wait to get back to the gym and with TOM this week I have literally wanted to eat everything in sight. Its not been good on the diet front at all.

but  once this second wedding is out of the way and I don't need to worry that the dress won't fit if I do too much or too little. I will get back on it and really concentrate on hitting my 3 stone target :)

So there we are all up to date with my issues this week and I will be back to you soon :) hopefully on top form :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Have they figured out what is going on? That sounds so painful and scary! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wedding pic too by the way!

    ReplyDelete