Tuesday 20 May 2014

Getting the bug forgot to post

So after the many night shifts and long weekend away for my mums birthday :-)

We went to london for the weekend and I had a lovely weekend of food ice cream sweeties lion king on stage and lots and lots of walking. Seeing the sights with my mum was amazing and I want to wish her a very happy birthday.

Whilst away I decided to set myself a goal. I will be back running 10k by september before I go on holiday. So that involves lots more running.

It feels a long way off at the moment as its been so long since I ran anywhere other than the treadmill. I havnt really got back into running since december before my operation. So yesterday and today I have been out. I had to walk but I dont care. I started off yesterday not even being able to make it 1 mile. I think I was being cautious about my pains. Whereas today I knew I didnt get pains yesterday so I could push it a little more. I got to the one mile mark in 11:09mins which is really good for me. Then I walked a while. Im taking a slightly different tactic to increasing my distance at the moment so we shall see how u get on. I will be running the mile and seeing how far I get and try and beat that the next time even if only by a few metres.

Tomorrow will be a gym day. I will try and run on the treadmill quicker than I do on the roads. I feel this will help increase my pace when on the roads.

Im going to get fit for holiday!!!!

For now bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment